Proxmark developers community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-17 13:29:55

prxm
Contributor

Problems with Proxmark 3 RDV4

Hi, I have following problems with Proxmark 3 RDV4...

First of all, I have Proxmark for second day and using Windows 10 64 bit. I started with default drivers but last time switched to this provided by http://www.proxmark.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3975 (when I found how install them because are not signed) - but whatever it don't change much.

I was trying using all of setups from above forum post: oryginal, iceman, dedicated to rdv4 - don't see any diffrence.

I used always "FLASH - ALL" and then "Go", to use everything from single setup. Tried even "FLASH - Bootrom" and "FLASH - fullimage" - not sure if this is included in "FLASH - ALL".

But whatever, my Proxmark 3 RDV4 disconnecting from Windows in loop, same when I connect it over USB 3 hub with own power - it doesn't matter. Tried 3 PC USB ports, also 3 from hub etc, nothing change.

I am not sure if my Proxmark is broken or what... because I got it day ago.

In 1% of attempts it looks like works:
17loU8m.png

But in 99% I got:
1zMnvo7.png
In 99% "hw tune" got output like this, and I use this for testing if my device is working or not.

Tryied on other PC with Windows 10, same problem - it disconnecting, and works like above - LF/HF antenna problem. Both PCs are new (desktop, laptop) and don't have problems with USB if I am connecting other devices.

lVJCAlg.png

I am new so I want just got it working, most easy way - I started with this "official" way with compiling but had problems (no gcc in this emulated linux), so switched to this precompiled.

I have https://lab401.com/collections/hardware/products/proxmark-3-rdv4 black version from iceman collection:
PM3-rdv-2_1024x1024@2x.png
So not sure if I should use this compilation tagged 'iceman' or this dedicated to rdv4 or just oryginal.

98N5r4E.png

BTW, drivers are same between this versions 3 (org, iceman, dedicated)?

PS. Sorry for my English skills...

Last edited by prxm (2018-11-17 14:53:15)

#2 2018-11-17 16:31:11

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Problems with Proxmark 3 RDV4

The windows drivers is the same regardless device you have.   I would think you should RMA it and get a new one.

Regarding firmware repos:
The RDV40 is just a normal proxmark with extras.  You can run which ever firmware/client on it.  As longs as you don't mix firmware/client, because that will mess things up.  Different repos has different support of functionality.

Good thread to read.

http://www.proxmark.org/forum/viewtopic … 459#p31459

冰人

modhex(hkhehghthbhudcfcdchkigiehgduiehg)

#3 2018-12-02 23:00:34

szymonunion
Contributor

Hi prxm,

I got exactly the same issue and I already sent ticket to vendor plus 'hw tune' info.
I tried it so many times and only once it showed properly.

Regards,

--
SzYmOn

#4 2018-12-03 01:34:28

prxm
Contributor

szymonunion wrote:

Hi prxm,

I got exactly the same issue and I already sent ticket to vendor plus 'hw tune' info.
I tried it so many times and only once it showed properly.

I got new one and probably is fine now.

Board footer