Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2013-01-25 14:48:20

aspire

Some questios before buying..

Hello to all members. My name's Marco and I'm a student (engineering). I'm really interested in "wireless" stuff, and have done some research about RF "solutions". I've found about cards (tags) and automotive transponders. For what I know, they're pretty much the same. I think some of its main difference it's that cards can get to about 13 MHz, while automotive transponders work about 125 KHz. Reading some transponders datasheet, I've learn that they work is similar to a memory. I think the main idea is to store some information that only the right transponder will have, read later and compare. I've found the idea very interesting, since I'm away from home to study sad My idea is pretty much open something only if I'm "around".

Does proxmark also support reading/writing automotive transponders ?

I have some knowledge about C language, is it possible to modify proxmark software ?

I also wanted to use some cipher function, just for the fun of it. I've read that some transponders use hitag2, does proxmark support that hitag2?

I'm willing to learn and share, thanks everyone cool

#2 2013-01-26 01:36:40

0xFFFF
Administrator

Re: Some questios before buying..

Hello Aspire!

aspire wrote:

Does proxmark also support reading/writing automotive transponders ?

Yes. They vary a bit depending on make and model but they are usually very low security.

aspire wrote:

I have some knowledge about C language, is it possible to modify proxmark software ?

Yes. Everything is Here. If you have something you'd like to contribute, please contact roel for svn write access.

aspire wrote:

I also wanted to use some cipher function, just for the fun of it. I've read that some transponders use hitag2, does proxmark support that hitag2?

In most cases you're correct. Hitag seems to be pretty popular. The PM3 supports Hitag2 but I don't know how well. I'm only starting to muck around with that myself.

aspire wrote:

I'm willing to learn and share, thanks everyone cool

You're welcome. Have fun smile

#3 2013-01-28 10:39:51

aspire

Re: Some questios before buying..

thanks  65535

as soon as I buy one, I'm gonna post my work. If there is anything I can help for now, I'm up to

Board footer