Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2012-10-26 08:37:06

budrose

Cheapest/reader writer available

Hello, since Touchatag is not available anymore, what cheapest Mifare Classic reader/writer you could recommend (USB preferred). I'm also looking for recommendations for those Magic Chinese cards (sector.0 block.0 writable).

BTW, does anybody knows if it's possible to emulate Mifare Classic with any NFC enabled phone?

Btw, Roel your pdf 123_[HAR2009]-Roel.Verdult-Classic.Mistakes at HAR2009 is/seems like corrupted.

Thanks

#2 2012-10-26 11:20:52

0xFFFF
Administrator

Re: Cheapest/reader writer available

budrose wrote:

Hello, since Touchatag is not available anymore, what cheapest Mifare Classic reader/writer you could recommend (USB preferred).

There are many devices available. R/W functionality starts at about $30. Test your Google fu

budrose wrote:

I'm also looking for recommendations for those Magic Chinese cards (sector.0 block.0 writable).

Check out Alibaba or Aliexpress. They'll have what you're after. Usually they are only available as ISO.

budrose wrote:

BTW, does anybody knows if it's possible to emulate Mifare Classic with any NFC enabled phone?

Yes but you need to root your phone. It also depends on your phone model.

#3 2012-10-26 12:40:45

budrose

Thank you for your response.

I meant tested ones (both devices and cards). I could order stuff from alibaba, but there is no guarantee these devices will be working. I suppose there are people who already have some of these. BTW, what do you mean with ISO? Is it that they won't support proprietary Mifare communication protocol and crypto1 encryption?

#4 2012-10-26 14:17:37

RadioWar
Contributor

0xFFFF wrote:
budrose wrote:

Hello, since Touchatag is not available anymore, what cheapest Mifare Classic reader/writer you could recommend (USB preferred).

There are many devices available. R/W functionality starts at about $30. Test your Google fu

budrose wrote:

I'm also looking for recommendations for those Magic Chinese cards (sector.0 block.0 writable).

Check out Alibaba or Aliexpress. They'll have what you're after. Usually they are only available as ISO.

budrose wrote:

Yes but you need to root your phone. It also depends on your phone model.

NFC-War~~~~http://proxmark.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1405

you dont need to root your hone~

#5 2012-10-26 15:38:02

budrose

RadioWar wrote:

NFC-War~~~~http://proxmark.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1405

you dont need to root your hone~

But it seems it can't emulate Mifare with my given keys, can it? Also it bruteforces only hardcoded keys, doesn't it?

#6 2012-10-27 12:59:05

0xFFFF
Administrator

budrose wrote:

I meant tested ones (both devices and cards). I could order stuff from alibaba, but there is no guarantee these devices will be working.

I'm not sure if I understand what you are saying here. I have purchased cards and readers from various places across the globe with no hassles. (perhaps I'm lucky?)
If you're after some examples:
eBay - HID OMNIKEY 5321v2
- OR -
eBay - Serial UART 13.56MHZ RFID Reader/Writer Module with the...
eBay - CP2102 USB 2.0 to UART TTL

For cards, you could go here instead.

budrose wrote:

BTW, what do you mean with ISO?

I was referring to the ISO 7810 standard for ID-1 cards (Physical dimensions). More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO/IEC_7810

#7 2012-10-27 19:11:00

budrose

BTW, will general ISO 14443 reader work or do I need exactly MIFARE Classic compatible reader? Can't general reader communicate with MIFARE cards and why?

#8 2012-10-27 23:58:12

0xFFFF
Administrator

You should probably do a little research.

Have a look at parts 3 and 4 of ISO 14443:
3 - Initialization and anticollision
4 - Transmission protocol
Available here.

Then look at a few MIFARE clones:

• Fudan_Microelectronics_FM11RF08_8KBits_Contactless_Card_IC.pdf  page 6

• ISSI_IS23SC4439_User_Manual.pdf page 7

• Quanray_Electronics_HF_RFID_QR2217_CHIP.pdf page 9

Available here

#9 2012-10-28 08:32:58

budrose

Afaik, Mifare is an extension of ISO 14443 A type card  with same modulation, coding, but proprietary communication protocol on top of that defined by ISO standard. That's why I'm asking whether can I send arbitrary byte sequences with a general reader or do I need specific Mifare compatible reader which supports Mifare protocol. Isn't the general reader + crapto1 the same as Mifare reader, which implements crypto1 in hardware?

Board footer