Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2012-09-25 05:01:56

gbhuk
Contributor

Error compiling, from SVN version 573 onwards

Hi,

I'm new to the Proxmark3 and SVN versioning but am quickly getting to grips with it.

Can someone please help with compilation issue I'm having pls?

I've installed the environment as explained in the guide document and can compile all versions up to and including 572 with no problem at all.

However, at revision 573, when "Makefile.common" was amended with the comment "Changed arm-eabi to arm-none-eabi (new convention)"
I get a string of compile errors, mainly "/bin/sh: arm-none-eabi-gcc: command not found"

I've narrowed my problem down to this update, however there my knowledge ends.  Do I need to change any settings somewhere to account for the amended Makefile convention to get 573 and subsequent releases to compile?

From a search, forum topic 1348 seems to suggest the need to delete "-none" from the Makefile each time.  Is that the answer?

If so, then (from my admitted position of little knowledge) it would seem strange that a change has been committed that needs to be deleted each time?  Am running with Windows 7 by the way, if that's important.

Many thanks for any advice, explanations and assistance.

#2 2012-09-25 12:01:20

rule

Re: Error compiling, from SVN version 573 onwards

New development kits (build from source or binaries installers) all use the new convention.
More information about this is available here.

#3 2012-09-25 15:29:23

gbhuk
Contributor

Re: Error compiling, from SVN version 573 onwards

Thanks roel. I deleted "-none" from the makefile and it compiles.

I guess no-one's take you up on your offer of compiling a new version of proxspace yet, to cater for the change.

Yagarto and Eclipse look like a good option. Thanks for the pointer to the link.

Board footer