Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2020-08-05 12:42:08

Rosco
Contributor

Standalone module coding questions

I'd like to code a standalone module that works, well, standalone for most of the time, but can also receive commands from Bluetooth intermittently, without reboot or reset in between. My questions are these:

- Is there a way to test it or simulate it outside of an actual Proxmark? I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to that one - i.e. that there is no Proxmark3 emulator to develop on - but I figured I'd ask if there is any method to validate my code without flashing the firmware over and over, and with my usual luck, bricking my Proxmark.

- Can standalone code interact with the BT UART normally? I presume the BT module itself handles the handshaking and everything, and the application code just needs to wait for stuff to come out of the UART. But maybe it's more complicated than that, or plain impossible in that context.

Last edited by Rosco (2020-08-05 12:42:44)

#2 2020-08-05 13:34:59

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Standalone module coding questions

There is no virtual / emulated Proxmark3 device to my knowledge.
The amount of times I flashed my Proxmarks is staggering...  join the club!
There is nothing extra to do, the bridge using usb or bt is nothing you care about inside the main loop.
You will just need to check for new usb packages and parse them and act accordingly.

You can easily verify this with hooking up the client over BT and start the standalone mode.  You will get the debug statments just like normal.

#3 2020-08-05 16:20:30

Rosco
Contributor

Re: Standalone module coding questions

Cool, thanks!

Board footer