Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2019-11-29 16:52:26

mnemarchon
Contributor

Magic ISO-15693 cards seem to work nicely

I bought magic ISO-15693 cards from rfxsecure.com and after trying out the clones against real readers they seem to work nice (cloned my own skipass for test).

Might have a bit worse coupling with proxmark than original ISO-15693 cards, but with a few tries you can dump, restore data and change UID.

The magic iso15_magic script sometimes require to be run few times until the UID changes, but otherwise everythings works fine.

The card has only 28 sectors while the card I cloned has sector count 52. Despite that cloning just UID with the first 28 sectors seemed to do the trick.

In case you are looking for the script iso15_magic.lua, it's in the RRG repo. You can copy it from there into iceman's fork along with the read15.lua library, so also works with iceman's fork. The official proxmark repo didn't seem to work for me (hf 15 reader never returns anything).

(BTW if you disable unused features/defines while building FW, you can fit the firmware also on the first-gen proxmark with 256 kB flash.)

#2 2019-11-29 17:13:43

piwi
Contributor

Re: Magic ISO-15693 cards seem to work nicely

You have to use 'hf 15 csetuid' on official repo. The script is no longer required (and you found out yourself: it doesn't work).

#3 2019-11-29 20:28:19

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Magic ISO-15693 cards seem to work nicely

@mnemarchon, you are right,  the coupling with those iso15 magic cards is aweful. You are not the first to find out.
The rest is fudd here.

Board footer