Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2019-08-12 19:57:06

ikarus
Contributor
Website

Debugging hardware issues in LF path

Hi,

I have an "custom made" Proxmark3 which is an original/classic Proxmark3 with 512B of memory instead of 256B.
However my LF path is not working. So if I attach an LF antenna and execute "hw tune", the result is "LF antenna is UNUSABLE".

Does anybody know an easy way to find out what is causing the issue? I'm not too familiar with the hardware design. Should the
mechanical relay click when the Proxmark3 is switching from the HF to the LF path? Any other easy tests I can perform? Or do
I have to look up the schematic and check every component in the path?

#2 2019-08-12 19:58:53

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Debugging hardware issues in LF path

No,  the WDT (click death) shouldn't
Do you have updated bootrom and fullimage for your device?
And have you made sure your reboiling worked?

#3 2019-08-14 21:38:30

ikarus
Contributor
Website

What is "WDT (click death)"? Do you mean the relay is broken? Because I don't think so. I can hear it click during startup.
Software is up to date, boot, arm and fpga.
What do you mean by reboiling? If you think I modified my PM3 from 256B to 512B changing the chip: I did not. It was build with 512B. Some of the guys here at the forum decided to find a manufacturer which builds the PM3 for way less than what was charged from big PM3 distributors. It was before aliexpress, PM3 Easy, etc. You read through the story here: http://www.proxmark.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1599.
However these custom builds had several issues. But after all, I'm not interested from where the issue comes from but how to fix it. wink
... Or maybe it is time for a new PM3 RDV4? wink

#4 2019-08-14 21:42:30

iceman
Administrator
Website

The watch dog trigger (WDT) is resetting your device if it doesn't respond within 2.5seconds and restart the WDT time limit again.

So once your device goes into a loop, and it wasn't meant to be...   the WDT will try to reset your device.

Aha,  so you got one of Gaucho's builds.  I remember that group effort.    Well.. Maybe time for new device wink

I would jtag your device and see if that brings it back to life.

Board footer