Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2019-07-04 16:14:25

wanderer
Contributor

Yet another one

Hi there,

Yet another new user, that is... I do software development for a living, and play with hardware internals for fun and not profit.

So, what are my intentions with the Proxmark? I've bought a ChameleonMini and tried to investigate one or another contactless smartcard in my possession, but quite quickly I started longing for a more powerful tool for reading out other cards than MFU without having to hack my own firmware (or at least application code to interface the Chameleon) for that... And now I'm waiting for the PM3 to arrive, for now just out of curiosity, wanting to know what is stored on such cards, and how.
Copying a key card to a more robust fob token might be interesting as well - at least I am going to find out whether that is possible at all.

While I am waiting for the Proxmark delivery to reach me, I'm trying to wrap my mind around the "good practice" algorithm from thread id 4908 - at the moment I'm not sure even about the tools and methods one uses, starting just from example data...  But I guess that's how it is supposed to feel. smile

All the best!

#2 2019-07-04 18:32:45

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Yet another one

Welcome and I suggest you read http://www.proxmark.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1125 as an introduction.

Your access rights has been updated.

Board footer