Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2019-03-27 21:45:26

dceliano
Contributor

Overclocking Mifare Cards

I did some work using the Proxmark 3 last year overclocking the Mifare Plus and Mifare DESFire. I got them to operate at carrier frequencies over 20% higher than 13.56 MHz. Overclocking can be used to conduct relay attacks at a larger distance and bypass the Mifare distance-bounding protocol. A link to my full thesis/report is below. Please let me know if you have any questions/comments or need help working with either of these cards.

https://domcc3.com/assets/pdfs/Celiano_ … checks.pdf

#2 2019-03-27 21:58:24

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Overclocking Mifare Cards

[moved]

Cool concept,  tell us more about it.

#3 2019-03-27 22:09:23

iceman
Administrator
Website

And your github account?  I am very curious of your implementation!

#4 2019-03-27 22:17:25

dceliano
Contributor

The code I used is on Github here (on my mainwork branch): https://github.com/dceliano/proxmark3/tree/mainwork

Not sure what else you want to know, but I do have some tidbits about messing with the PM3.

To use a different clock signal, I had to change around the FPGA code and regenerate the bitfile. It was kind of a pain to get this working with the Xilinx software, but I was eventually able to do it by debugging and looking around the forums. It was also a little bit of a learning curve to get going with the Lua scripts, but once I learned how the API worked it was an easy way to write/read raw data to/from the Mifare cards.

#5 2019-03-27 22:25:45

iceman
Administrator
Website

Well,  I am looking for your lua scripts among things smile  Need to add them to my fork, bro! 
Getting the fpga to compile was a pain.  I got help to sort it out.

Board footer