Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2018-10-02 23:13:20

ImSchatten360
Contributor

Cloned MIFARE Classic card is not recognized

I cloned a Mifare Classic 1K card onto a card that accepts Chinese backdoor commands (GEN 1a).
When I try to use both cards at the corresponding reader only the original card is accepted.
I checked the content of both cards and all bytes are identical.

What could be the reason that the copy of the original card is not recognized?
If I remember correctly, I had read somewhere that certain reader check if a card answers to Chinese backdoor commands and reject it if this is the case. Does something like this exist? Is this the most likely cause of the problem? Shouldnt it work with a Gen 2 card is this case?

Regards,

ImSchatten360

#2 2018-10-22 06:39:42

ImSchatten360
Contributor

Re: Cloned MIFARE Classic card is not recognized

I kept investigating the issue as I am quite curious.
The cloned cards work on some readers (I consider them less secure) but not on the one that I am interested in.
Now I even copied the card on a card that can be fully written without Chinese backdoor commands. I tested it again at several reader and it still does just work on a few I would consider low security/less important.

The MIFARE content is fully identical on all cards. If I test the original card and the cloned one without backdoor commands I see no difference with my proxmark.

With mfoc I found out that the original card is "SmartMX with MIFARE 1K emulation".
Does anyone know how mfoc determines this information (if not I have to check the source code)?
If the MIFARE part is identical, is there an exchange of further commands besides the MIFARE content related to the SmartMX?
How to proceed with that?
Sniffing?

Regards,

ImSchatten360

Board footer