Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2018-08-29 23:45:44

Proxcloud
Contributor
Website

Proxmark VX

Hi, some guys I know have put together a new version of the proxmark hardware called Proxmark VX. It's just the standard system, but it's a much nicer design than the old naked PCB devices. It's got a custom case with internal antennas so there are there are no external wires. It's mainly aimed at mobile users, and is designed to be plugged into a phone, but works fine on PCs too. They asked me to post it here since they don't have a forum account. Below is a picture of the device, For more details visit https://producefuture.com/home/25-proxmark-vx.html

Proxmark VX

While I'm here, I wanted to talk about another device I'm working on. I'm working with the guys that made the Proxmark VX to fully revamp the proxmark3 hardware. The new version replaces the old ARM CPU with an ESP32. This has a number of advantages.
1: The ESP32 is a much faster CPU with more ROM/RAM than the ARM chip, allowing more features to run on the device itself, rather than the client.
2: The ESP32 can be programmed with the Arduino IDE, making it easier for new users to get started.
3: The ESP32 has built in wifi and bluetooth, which lets the client connect wirelessly to the proxmark3

Currently we have a hardware prototype and the firmware is partly ported over to the new CPU. We hope to have this new version finished in the next few months. While we are still able to make changes we wanted to ask the community if there are any features they would like to see included before the new hardware is finalized. So please give us your suggestions.

#2 2018-08-30 12:19:22

marshmellow
Contributor

Re: Proxmark VX

Uhf capability. (Read write sniff)

#3 2018-10-01 12:07:49

hajdbo
Contributor

I received mine a few days ago.
The default firmware is a pretty old version of Proxmark.
After flashing a fresh firmware, it works much better.

Here are a few pictures of the PCB: https://imgur.com/a/E2MqUJH

Tested with a fresh proxmark3 client on OSX, I was able to read/write LF and HF cards.

Tested on Android (Samsung S8) with Walrus: able to read some LF cards, could not read HF cards (?)
Tested on Android with AndProx: Andprox asks to flash a very specific version of the firmware. I may try it at a later point.

#4 2018-10-07 06:53:23

hajdbo
Contributor

After more testing, I installed the firmware required by AndProx. Now AndProx works fine with the ProxMark VX, and the CLI is basically identical to the proxmark "desktop" CLI.

Walrus is still unable to read HF cards, though.

Oh and I experienced once a Android crash (phone shutdown on my up-to-date non-rooted Samsung S8) while trying to read a card with AndProx.

#5 2018-10-07 16:30:10

AntiCat
Contributor

Thank you for posting the pictures. I'm happy to see that the components are labeled.

Board footer