Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2018-05-23 04:59:08

vrocco
Contributor

Runme.bat not running

It’s been a while since I played with my Proxmark3 and I got a new laptop, so I decided to get it out and try to get it running. Set up the ProxSpace environment, downloaded the latest official Proxmark3 release. Copied to pm3 folder. Installed driver in windows 10 after turning of the “driver verification” thingy.

However, when I click runme.bat, the window just flashes. So I try running it from a command prompt. It opens a new window which just flashes closed. I think “probably some UAC thing” so I run it from an admin command prompt. Same thing happens. I can’t get it to do anything but flash a command window for a fraction of a second. Can’t see any errors or messages.

Any help would be appreciated. Proxmark3 is recognized and driver seems to have installed correctly.

#2 2018-05-23 05:07:36

0xFFFF
Administrator

Re: Runme.bat not running

Run each line individually. Where does it stop?
Keep in mind that '%~dp0' points to the absolute path of the batch file.

#3 2018-05-23 05:21:17

vrocco
Contributor

No errors or messages until the last line when I get

C:\ProxSpace>msys\msys.bat
start was unexpected at this time.

#4 2018-05-23 05:26:01

vrocco
Contributor

EDIT: Deleted fstab file and ran the runme.bat. It creates all entries correctly in fstab. However, msys.bat is the window that flashes and closes. Even if I run it from a command prompt.

Last edited by vrocco (2018-05-23 05:32:14)

#5 2018-05-23 06:04:38

0xFFFF
Administrator

fstab has some junk in it by default IIRC but it has no impact on ProxSpace-master.
If you can get all the way to 'msys\msys.bat' then I'm going to make an assumption that the batch file is unmodified and fine.

Where did you get the archive from? here?
If so, then that would suggest that there is something unusual about your system environment.

#6 2018-05-23 15:21:35

vrocco
Contributor

Yes got the ProxSpace from there. Got Proxmark software from official github repository. Not sure about an unusual environment. It’s a fairly new laptop. Windows 10 loaded. Not much else has been changed or installed. I guess I can throw up a Win7 VM and try to run it. Does the Proxmark3 hardware play nice in a VM?

Board footer