Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2016-03-16 08:14:35

capecode
Contributor

Is it possible to write a card under "Secure Mode"?

Dear All,

I just wonder if it is possible to write to an iClass card under "Secure Mode"?

Under Standard Mode, one needs a master key to authenticate. Then, reading and writing are possible. 

From reading "Heart of Darkness" and studying program "iClassified", I understand that the authentication and read command are done using Kcur and Kcuw.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Then, would it be possible to write back to another card under "Secure Mode" using Kcur and Kcuw?  In this case, one needs not know the master key but rather use the keys in iClassified to write to a card.  This is my understand which may be wrong.

#2 2016-03-18 08:35:51

proxmarkzzz
Contributor

Re: Is it possible to write a card under "Secure Mode"?

In principle, this should not be possible. However, the state-machine of the Omnikey reader may be less restrictive than you think. Try to play around with (re)enabling secure mode after authentication, it might allow you to perform more actions.

#3 2016-03-18 09:48:53

capecode
Contributor

Re: Is it possible to write a card under "Secure Mode"?

Hi proxmarkzzz,

I did try to write via iClassified and, as you suggested, not allowed.  But when you say (re)enabling secure mode after authentication, could you please elaborate this step?

Thanks in advance.

Board footer