Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2020-02-01 05:53:44

thegrapes
Contributor

[SOLVED] Help with ProxSpace Install

Hello,

I'm no stranger to software troubleshooting, but I'm new to working with RFID and could use some help.

This ProxSpace install to my Windows 10 machine is giving me some grief and I'm wondering if anyone has run into this issue.

I attempted both methods of install (latest release and latest master) and have run into the same errors on both. For the master install, I followed the instructions on the Getting Started portion of the Proxmark3 wiki.

I made sure to update the runme64.bat with my install path and ran it in an admin-elevated cmd prompt. Also, I unblocked the zipped file before unzipping it.

The first error I receive:

gpg: connecting dirmngr at '/etc/pacman.d/gnupg/S.dirmngr' failed: IPC connect call failed
gpg: keyserver refresh failed: No dirmngr
==> ERROR: A specified local key could not be updated from a keyserver.
:: Synchronizing package databases...
--2020-01-31 23:26:15--  http://repo.msys2.org/mingw/i686/mingw32.db
Resolving repo.msys2.org (repo.msys2.org)... 45.59.69.178
Connecting to repo.msys2.org (repo.msys2.org)|45.59.69.178|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 462108 (451K) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: ‘/var/lib/pacman/sync/mingw32.db.part’

The install continues after that until it gets to checking keys in keyring, checking package integrity, etc.

(6/6) checking keys in keyring                                                                                         [######################################################################] 100%
(6/6) checking package integrity                                                                                       [######################################################################] 100%
(6/6) loading package files                                                                                            [######################################################################] 100%
(6/6) checking for file conflicts                                                                                      [######################################################################] 100%
(6/6) checking available disk space                                                                                    [######################################################################] 100%
warning: could not get file information for clang32/bin/
warning: could not get file information for clang32/include/
warning: could not get file information for clang32/lib/
warning: could not get file information for clang32/share/
warning: could not get file information for clang64/bin/
warning: could not get file information for clang64/include/
warning: could not get file information for clang64/lib/
warning: could not get file information for clang64/share/
warning: could not get file information for etc/fstab.d/
warning: could not get file information for home/
warning: could not get file information for mingw32/bin/
warning: could not get file information for mingw32/include/
warning: could not get file information for mingw32/lib/
warning: could not get file information for mingw32/share/
warning: could not get file information for mingw64/bin/
warning: could not get file information for mingw64/include/
warning: could not get file information for mingw64/lib/
warning: could not get file information for mingw64/share/
warning: could not get file information for msys2.ico
warning: could not get file information for opt/
warning: could not get file information for usr/share/man/man2/
warning: could not get file information for usr/share/man/man4/
warning: could not get file information for usr/share/man/man6/
warning: could not get file information for usr/src/
warning: could not get file information for var/cache/man/
warning: could not get file information for var/empty/
warning: could not get file information for var/lib/misc/
warning: could not get file information for var/local/
warning: could not get file information for var/log/old/
warning: could not get file information for var/opt/
warning: could not get file information for var/tmp/
warning: could not get file information for usr/share/man/man2/
warning: could not get file information for usr/share/libalpm/
warning: could not get file information for usr/share/libalpm/hooks/
warning: could not get file information for usr/share/makepkg-template/
:: Processing package changes...
(1/6) upgrading filesystem                                                                                             [######################################################################] 100%
warning: /etc/fstab installed as /etc/fstab.pacnew
warning: /etc/profile installed as /etc/profile.pacnew
(2/6) upgrading msys2-runtime                                                                                          [######################################################################] 100%
(3/6) upgrading mintty                                                                                                 [######################################################################] 100%
(4/6) installing libzstd                                                                                               [######################################################################] 100%
(5/6) installing zstd                                                                                                  [######################################################################] 100%
(6/6) upgrading pacman                                                                                                 [######################################################################] 100%
warning: /etc/pacman.conf installed as /etc/pacman.conf.pacnew
warning: terminate MSYS2 without returning to shell and check for updates again
warning: for example close your terminal window instead of calling exit

At this point the script completely stops and won't continue. I have to close the window.

After that, runme64.bat just brings up a ProxSpace v3.2 MINGW64 window that won't accept the make clean && make all command. git commands are also not found.

pm3 ~$ make clean && make all                                                                                           
bash: make: command not found
pm3 ~$

I haven't even gotten to connecting my Proxmark3 Easy to my computer yet; I wanted to ensure the software is working ok before getting ahead of myself.

Your help would be appreciated.

Last edited by thegrapes (2020-02-04 20:29:01)

#2 2020-02-01 12:57:29

gyozaman
Contributor

Re: [SOLVED] Help with ProxSpace Install

I have the exact same problem and can’t figure out how to fix it. I searched the forums and online resources for several hours with no luck. I am hoping someone will be able to help us. Thanks.

#3 2020-02-01 21:25:48

gator96100
Contributor

The ProxSpace installation will fail, because there is a bug with the initial msys2 update. https://github.com/Gator96100/ProxSpace/issues/28
I have been working on a fix. The 3.3 branch on GitHub should work. The fix will be live today or tomorrow.

#4 2020-02-02 04:32:33

thegrapes
Contributor

gator96100 wrote:

The ProxSpace installation will fail, because there is a bug with the initial msys2 update. https://github.com/Gator96100/ProxSpace/issues/28
I have been working on a fix. The 3.3 branch on GitHub should work. The fix will be live today or tomorrow.

Fantastic, thank you!

#5 2020-02-04 04:24:33

thegrapes
Contributor

I wanted to report back that the 3.3 version fixed the issue.

Script ran to the point where it stopped before (after the pacman install). I closed the command window and re-opened runme64.bat where the rest of the install completed.

The git clone copied to the wrong folder, but I was able to manually copy those files over to the pm3 folder. Client opened just fine after that.

Thanks again!

#6 2020-02-05 06:02:13

gyozaman
Contributor

@thegrapes :  Thank you for raising the question on how to fix the issue as I was in the exact same step in the installation process and had no idea how to overcome the problem.

@gator96100 :  Thank you for your fix.

I was able to follow the wiki steps again including the runme64 step.  I got the same error, and then I did the gator96100's solution by copying the 09-proxspace_setup.post from the ProxSpace-master zip folder into the C:\ProxSpace-master\msys2\etc\post-install\ folder and then re-run the runme64 file again.  The second time running the runme64 file resulted in a successful installation which took about an hour.  I finished off by typing the "make clean && make all" command, which took another 5 minutes.  And then finally "exit". 

I will go back to the wiki page and follow the remaining steps later this week.

THANK YOU gator96100.

Board footer