Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2018-01-07 15:58:37

schrodinger
Contributor

Win10, no detection of PM3 after bootroom update

Hi,

Before posting here, I have looked the forum without finding the answer to my problem.

I have recently for chrismas an PM3. I have connected it to my computer ( windows 10), the driver has been installed and the PM3 had been detected. I went to device manager and I found the right COM and I have replaced the COM inside the script by the right one.

After the update of the bootroom, my computer lost the detection of the PM3. ( I have followed the procedure on this website).

Now my windows 10 OS or my ubuntu OS can't detect my PM3, moreover when I connect my PM3 to on of my OS, the A and C led are on, the B and D are off. I have found on this website that this configuration should not be.

I have tried to reboot my WIN 10 OS and lauch in the mode "no verification of the driver" and force to install it, but without success.

Do you have any tips or solution for me?

Thank you for your help.

#2 2018-01-07 16:33:28

Skeltek
Contributor

Re: Win10, no detection of PM3 after bootroom update

I read few days ago it happens often for the Proxmark driver to change com ports after or during flashing. Dont know what script you are referring to though. Did the flashing process finish without errors?

On Github->Proxmark3->Wiki it is recommended to unplug the proxmark, hold down the button, replug the proxmark (button still pressed), rerun the flasher and keep holding the button until it finishes flashing.

github-proxmark3 wiki wrote:

if successful you are done, if not try unplugging your pm3 hold the button on the pm3 down and reconnect the pm3 (let it get detected) then re-run the flasher command all while holding the button down until it is done.

I am no expert with the proxmark3, but my guess is holding down the button should constantly trigger an interupt(like a reset), preventing the PM3 trying to enter the badly flashed firmware code. Pressing down the button while replugging should get it recognized by the OS and you can try reflashing.

Optional: You may also want to change the devices com port in windows settings if you dont like the newly assigned com port number. You can do that in DeviceManager -> DeviceName -> rightclick -> properties -> connection settings wab -> extended -> COM Connector Number -> OK
You will have to replug your device after that.

If that didnt solve your issue, just write again.

Last edited by Skeltek (2018-01-07 16:55:47)

#3 2018-01-08 19:05:52

schrodinger
Contributor

Re: Win10, no detection of PM3 after bootroom update

Thank you very much for your reponse.

Indeed, you are right, I did it and it works smile Thank you very much.

Board footer