Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2010-01-19 11:37:34

moh.elsabagh
Contributor
Website

RFID secrecy and transport layer modifications

Hi all,

I am working on my thesis project in RFID secrecy. I need to test some modifications that I've done. These modifications can work on any RFID transmission protocol that has an ARQ mechanism.

Currently, I want to test my modifications on some of the so common standards. For example, ISO14443 and ISO15693. I'll basically need to do modifications in "part 4" of those ISOs, namely in the transport layer.

Can I use proxmark for that? If not, what hardware do you suggest?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Sabagh

#2 2010-01-20 10:52:38

moh.elsabagh
Contributor
Website

Re: RFID secrecy and transport layer modifications

Guys please give me a hand on that! I need to decide on what hardware to purchase so soon. Here you are more details about what I basically want to do:

1. Modify the reader protocol just before it asks for tag's UID.
2. Modify the tag protocol just before it sends its UID.

Can I use proxmark to do that? How many pieces of proxmark am I gonna need? It sounds like two pieces for me, one for the reader and another for the tag. Do you suggest going that way? Or there're are some other open tags that offer the flexibility I need?

Thanks again!

#3 2010-01-20 14:48:09

hat
Contributor

hey, consider this only a temporary answer until somebody with up to date (or just better) information comes around. which i'm sure they will.

proxmark does all the processing/modulating itself, without relying on a corporate chip. so as long as you stay withing the limits of the chips (and don't require a ghz processing power, ...) it should be theoretically possible.

emulating tags is not that trivial and you will have to check if it is implemented for the tags you want to play with.

however the hardware is open, the firmware is open, there are manuals... i suggest the easiest for you to do is to check the firmware, currently at proxmark3.googlecode.com iirc and try to find the parts you are interested in.

as far as i know proxmark is still the most flexible device available, but you should also check if the openpcd/openpicc people don't have a device out that better suits your needs.

#4 2010-01-20 23:51:23

moh.elsabagh
Contributor
Website

Hey, thanks for your reply!

I checked openpcd and openpicc before and they seem so inflexible for my needs. Anyway, i'll dig in the firmware once I got any free time and post back.

Thanks buddy.

Board footer