Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2013-07-09 13:20:38

TheJuice
Contributor

update to latest SVN release 754 => proxmark3.exe has stopped working

Hi,
I was using a previous release (I don't remember which one but I believe something like 672), and proxmark.exe was working fine, I could launch commands to the board...
As I had problems with Mifare cracking (Key not found (lfsr_common_prefix list is null).), I saw that this bug I had had been correct lately.

So I updated my space with the latest SVN release : 754
make clean => OK
make all => OK
flash bootrom => OK
flash fpga image => OK
flash os image => OK

But now each time I try to launch proxmark.exe, Windows tells me it has crashed : "proxmark3.exe has stopped working"... Windows is looking for a solution... Which is not found obviously :-p

I have tried flashing everything another time, cleaning and compiling everything again, and I also tried uninstalling the Windows Driver and installing it from scratch again...
But to no avail : I can't launch proxmark.exe anymore, it crashes right from the start every time.

Anyone knows what I should do to make it work again ?
Thanks

#2 2013-07-09 16:22:31

en4rab
Contributor

Re: update to latest SVN release 754 => proxmark3.exe has stopped working

I might possibly have an idea about this.
I recently upgrade to 753 in order to create a patch to make the iclass command broken by the change to CDC work, and fix my hamfisted attempt at fixing data hexsamples.

I have an odd setup in that I was building on this machine then copying over the proxmark.exe and firmware to a laptop with the proxmark attached to it. I was just copying the proxmark.exe over the old one from one of the prebuilt versions i downloaded from here so i didnt have to copy across all the library's. I had a similar experience.

It turned out that the latest proxspace download seems to be using an older version of QT (4.6.2) instead of the 4.8.4 that was used to build the precompiled builds so i had to copy the librarys QtCore4.dll and QtGui4.dll, the newer exe also need the library's mingwm10.dll and libpthread-2.dll
So if you are doing the same as i was and copying the new proxmark.exe built with ProxSpace-130613.7z  over a precompiled version you need to also copy the 4 librarys with it then it should work.
The Qt librarys are in *\ProxSpace\Qt\4.6.2\bin
the other 2 are in *\ProxSpace\mingw\bin  where * is wherever you unpacked proxspace to.

This is probably a horrid way to do things but it seems to have worked for me.

#3 2013-07-10 08:24:12

TheJuice
Contributor

Hi,
Thanks for your input.
My problem was a little different, but nevertheless related to those libraries.
I copied them in the client\ folder,  from a package I had downloaded from the website : pm3-bin-672\win32\*.dll
I did that because the flasher needed them (launching the flasher via .bat files, not via MingW).
I'm still a little confused about the executables, which can be launched through MingW and directly in Windows with the dlls... The double possibility is nice, but confusing :-p
It appears that when you launch proxmark.exe in MingW, the dlls (or at least the ones I had, and here your reply comes handy) MUST NOT be present in the same directory, or the process will crash.
I don't even get why the executable would mind about the presence of those dlls... Well it's quite clear after further thoughts because the PATH variable begins with a "."... But how can the program use dlls and .so files interchangeably ?

Well anyway, I'll keep your advice in mind for copying the binary files from the folders you indicated, in case I need it later.
Thanks.

#4 2013-07-10 10:02:30

TheJuice
Contributor

With your "method" I was able to launch Proxmark.exe with the Windows Gui.
I also needed to copy the two following libraries from *\ProxSpace\mingw\bin :
- libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
- readline5.dll

Board footer