Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2019-02-06 22:22:49

EnnioEvo
Contributor

Can I sniff with just an Arduino and an NFC shield?

Hi,

I'm discovering the NFC world, and I have some doubts (even if I've read this post that was very useful):

1) If my only target is to sniff a connection, wouldn't just an Arduino with an NFC shield work? Maybe the problem would be to interpret the data, exist software for Arduino or for other NFC sensor to do so?

2) What about other cheap solutions like this board with TFR7970A? (becouse I'm just approaching this world, I don't want to spend much moneys)

3)Or simply a ACR122U connected to a PC?

4) And what about if I'm interested in sniffing becouse I'm interested in cloning a tag? (didactic pourpose, nothing of illegal). I have understood that, if other simple attempts won't work, I'll have to sniff the connection between tag and reader, is that it? How much can I improve my chances of cloning if I can sniff this connection? I'm interested in Mifare Classic EV1 tags and safer.

Good evening,
Ennio

#2 2019-02-13 14:02:05

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Can I sniff with just an Arduino and an NFC shield?

Just to make sure,   you know that you are posting in a dedicated proxmark3 forum?  Where things relate to the proxmark3 device.
All other readers you will need to find support in their own forums / githubs etc.

#3 2019-02-13 15:06:30

EnnioEvo
Contributor

Yeah, I know, but this is the most Active community on nfc!
Please!!

#4 2019-02-14 11:32:38

EnnioEvo
Contributor

Moreover, this is an opportunity to proxmark developer to explain what's the value added of Proxmark3 rather than home made solutions.

Board footer