Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2018-07-17 20:20:04

funktown911
Contributor

Please Help a Newbie Get Up and Running on Windows 10

I am following the instructions written on the Wiki page but to be honest either they are not the clearest or they are a little outdated. I downloaded the master zip file by Gator96100 and unzipped it and then downloaded the proxmark3 files from GitHub and renamed them to pm3 and placed them in the master folder. I hope this is correct. I have gotten this far before I started to get confused. I ran the file runme.bat and typed in make clean && make all. This is as far as I have gotten as I am waiting to receive my Proxmark3 in the mail but I want everything to be ready to go when I get it. So now I have the following questions:

Questions:
1. Can I install drivers now without having the proxmark3?
2. I saw that the GUI is included in the download from GitHub now, where can I open it because I cannot find it?
3. I  bought a proxmark3 easy so can I update it to the newest firmware or is there a limit on the version number I can go up to?

#2 2018-07-18 05:55:59

marshmellow
Contributor

Re: Please Help a Newbie Get Up and Running on Windows 10

1, with Windows 10 you should not need a driver.
2, the Windows gui is outdated (requires new xml settings file) and last I checked is not part of main github, but has it's own github repo.?
3, some devices made it more difficult to flash to current firmware, but I didn't think the "easy" model was one of them (don't know as I don't have one)

Board footer