Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2018-03-01 22:45:01

danyc0
Contributor

HITAG2 Emulation

Hi,
I'm currently working on a project which involves me being able to emulate HITAG2, and was wondering if anyone could help. There seems to be some form of codebase for emulation of HITAG2, but I can't get it to work. Is anyone able to help shine some light on this? It could easily be that I'm using the commands wrong, so if anyone has any tips regarding the usage of the HITAG2 emulation/simulation functionality, that would be really useful,

Thanks very much,
Dan

#2 2018-03-02 07:46:50

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: HITAG2 Emulation

--moved to the correct category--

#3 2018-03-02 08:59:55

danyc0
Contributor

Thanks @iceman (and sorry). I also notice your fork has had some work on the HITAG2 stuff that isn't upstream yet. Have you any idea on this?

#4 2018-03-02 09:19:39

iceman
Administrator
Website

I have basically no experience with HITAG/2/S  sad     The code could do with some love. It is very different.
However,  simulation should be doable,  but since it uses custom crypto I guess not many people are able to make it work.

If I wanted to get better HITAG/2/S support in PM3,  I would buy those tags & reader,  send it out to some people like @piwi, @marshellow, et al   and hope for the best.   

You would need to measure / collect the signals going from/to   reader/tag,    then compare with reader/pm3 sim,    and adjust accordingly.

Board footer