Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2017-04-09 18:38:19

angelsl
Contributor

Proxmark3 client app

I'm developing an app interface for the proxmark3 client on Android.

You can follow my progress on GitHub.

Progress

I just rooted my Android device and got it to recognise the USB-ACM device, so I'll finally be able to start writing the app proper.

Technical details

I'm using the client code in proxmark3 as a JNI library. The CLI/UI part (proxmark3.c, ui.c) is not used and substituted for some JNI calls to the Android UI.

No modifications are done to the proxmark3 client code except minor changes pushed upstream so that it is easy to track upstream.

#2 2017-04-11 00:33:02

Danz
Contributor

Re: Proxmark3 client app

Well done, can't wait smile

#3 2017-04-25 17:52:48

angelsl
Contributor

I've written a basic UI (which I'll improve on later on); now all that's left is writing a root daemon to actually talk to the device and we have a basic Android client.

Here's a screenshot of the UI (and the CLI working).

At the moment this requires Lollipop or later. I'm hoping to reduce this to ICS (pending some changes because of some C features not supported by Android pre-API 21).

#4 2017-06-21 17:09:41

angelsl
Contributor

It's taken a while but I've gotten a basic client working. Watch a proof-of-concept.

I'll slowly polish the UI/backend and add some more features (i.e. GUI interfaces to some of the client commands), but it's usable now.

See the tag on GitHub for more information.

Edit:

I realise that most of my work after this will be simply redoing a terminal app, which is sort of a waste of effort..

I think this isn't the best way for a Proxmark3 app now, although there are some things that this could do that a plain terminal can't (showing graphs, and maybe some GUI shortcuts). Maybe it'll be better to make something that just makes it easier to use the proxmark3 CLI (especially on newer Android devices with SELinux enabled, etc).

Last edited by angelsl (2017-06-21 18:52:45)

#5 2017-10-08 11:58:46

iceman
Administrator
Website

@angelsl  what the status on this project? working?

Board footer