Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2012-11-28 14:08:05

vivat
Contributor

How to understand FPGA code?

1. How can I add new type of modulation support to FPGA code? Let's say I need 13.56 mhz FSK modulation with switching between a 423.75 kHz subcarrier and a 484.25 kHz subcarrier.
2. How is modulation type in FPGA setup word in function FpgaWriteConfWord(FPGA_MAJOR_MODE_HF_SIMULATOR|MODULATION_TYPE) called in FPGA? In file ../armsrc/apps.h I can see definitions of modulation types(lines 99-101). But how are they called inside the FPGA??? It's some kind of magic for me.
3. What FPGA(Verilog)/DSP books would you recommend to read?

#2 2012-12-08 15:21:35

vivat
Contributor

Re: How to understand FPGA code?

Need help!

#3 2012-12-31 14:17:19

vivat
Contributor

How can I use the testbed_some_module.v files? Do I need Altera ModelSim for simulation?

#4 2013-01-15 12:04:08

fjodorr

Hi!

I´m also working on the FPGA part. Converting Verilog code to VHDL and adding some extra modules like Mifare Cracking implemented in the FPGA for speed improvement.

If you wan´t to use the testbench you need some simulator, like you suggested you can use modelsim or any other EDA that supports Verilog.

Answer to your other questions:

1. You have to write a module for this. If you have not written any HDL before I recommend that you start small. Build smaller blocks and improve your skills that way, also look into . From there you got a solid ground that will help you build your module.

2. Will descibe this later on.

3. Read guides online and download some ebooks to get your feeling on it. You can get the books  "Advance Digital Design with the Verilog HDL", Michael D.Ciletti and "Verilog HDL", Samir Palnitkar. They are good.

Board footer